Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Love Fall

It's officially October!  My favorite month of the year.  I love fall weather, orange and yellow leaves, warm sweaters, and pumpkin spice! Living in the desert takes away from some of these things but we still manage to find them.  It'll be a lot easier in just a few weeks because our life again has taken a big turn....  and we're moving!  Not too far away but in another world it seems. From desert mesa to pecan orchard, and only 20 minutes apart.  It is a unique feature to my town to have such a diverse range of scenery due to the Rio Grande running through the middle of it. The area in the 'valley' next to the river is lush and farms/orchards are abundant. Up away from the river either direction it gets drier and drier to the point of the tumbleweed scenes in old westerns.  I am excited to say our NEW home is my much more preferred location and I look forward to backyard firepits and cooler temps. The mosquitos... ugh. We'll deal as we have to.

It's pumpkin festival time!  I am hoping that even though this month has gotten packed now with moving activities, we get a chance to take Bug to the pumpkin patch and corn maze sometime in the crazy schedule.  I want to get a picture with a pumpkin and the belly too.  Really our town has a great place for these activities, wide open pumpkin fields and a giant corn maze and kids activities that could last all day.  I'm adding it to my bucket list for October. Last year my sister in law came along with us and between the two crazy camera ladies managed to take over 300 pictures, some of which are still my favorites today. I hope she can make it this time because I never manage to be IN the pictures if she doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment